If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site and/or App or any products and services offered on it.
- what kind of personal information we may gather about you;
- how we may use that information and the choices you have regarding our use of such information;
- whether we disclose your personal information to anyone;
- how you may inquire, access and/or seek correction of your personal information and our access and correction handling procedure; and
- how you may alert us about an alleged breach of the APPs and our complaint handling procedure.
1. Collection of personal information
The types of information that Brauz collects from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the service that we are providing to you.
Personal information: The type of information we collect may include, but is not limited to the following:
- contact details including email address, address and telephone
- marital status and anniversary
- date of birth;
- demographic information such as postcode and gender;
- preferences and opinions; and
- any other information requested on this Site or otherwise requested by us or provided by you.
If you download and use the Brauz mobile Application (Brauz App) we will collect information such as your name, iPhone or android smartphone device identification details (MAC ID or UID) and locational data sent by your device, your email address, date of birth, information about products or services you are interested in and other information required to provide the Brauz App and to personalise the content you receive through the Brauz App to your particular shopping interests.
If you are a retailer who has subscribed to use the Brauz business software, we will collect information such as the name, phone number and email address of the subscriber and any users who will have access to the software and credit card details for payment of your subscription fees.
If you participate in any surveys we, or a third party service provider acting on our behalf, may collect from time to time on our website, personal information relating to your survey responses.
If you make an inquiry, provide feedback or make a complaint to us, we may collect your name and contact details.
If you apply for employment with us, we may collect any information that is relevant to such employment including:
- your name and contact details (i.e. residential address, phone number(s) and/or email address); and
- any other information relevant to the recruitment process (including any information contained in the application form and your resume).
Your use of our Site: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Your opinion and feedback: We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
2. Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use the information for purposes including:
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping;
- for market research and business development including website development;
- for marketing including direct marketing;
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you;
- to send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest to you;
- for data analytics purposes;
- assisting us to improve our products and services and making them more relevant to you;
- assisting us to improve our website;
- processing and assessing employment applications for current and future positions; and
- otherwise managing our internal business operations and processes.
If you use the Brauz App, we collect and use the information for purposes including:
- providing access to promotions, sales events, offers, discounts and products offered through the Brauz App;
- providing notifications of discounts and offers on products purchased, collected or interacted with;
- providing notifications of special offers and discounts at followed Brauz businesses; and
- recommending stores and products based on browsing history;
Method of collection: We will only collect personal information through lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Brauz collects your personal information when you deal with us directly, including via the Brauz business software, the Brauz App and our website(s), via forms or correspondence (i.e. by mail or email) or over the phone.
3. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- other members of Brauz’s corporate group for marketing purposes (subject to obtaining your prior consent);
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible by law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those database. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith.
4. Sensitive information
Brauz does not generally collect sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act, such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records or health information. However, subject to obtaining your prior consent, Brauz may collect sensitive information from you where we consider it necessary to do so, such as in the course of considering an application for employment.
5. Unsolicited information
Where unsolicited information is received by Brauz, we will determine, within a reasonable period of time, whether or not we would be permitted to collect the information under the APPs. If it would not be permitted for Brauz to collect the information, we will destroy the information or ensure it is de-identified as soon as practicable. Otherwise, Brauz may retain the information in accordance with the terms of this policy.
6. Anonymous information
Brauz collects anonymous information to:
- provide aggregated and anonymised reports to businesses who have a Brauz business subscription;
- monitor the use of our website(s);
- help us make improvements to the website(s); and
- offer relevant information and services to as many users as possible.
7. Transfer of information outside Australia
Otherwise than stated above, we do not disclose personal information that you may give us to any organisation or person outside of Brauz unless you have authorised us to do so.
8. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Your provision of third party information: If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent to provide this.
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us using the details below.
If you have any complaints relating to the management of your personal information or if you believe there has been a breach of the APPs by Brauz, please forward your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer at the address or email address below.
Our Privacy Officer will consider the complaint and advise you of their decision in writing within a reasonable time from receipt of the complaint.
If our Privacy Officer decides that there has been a breach of the APPs, we will endeavour to ensure that the breach is rectified within 30 days from the date of the decision and will update you in writing. If the breach has not been rectified within 30 days, then our Privacy Officer will inform Brauz’s Managing Director in order to resolve the matter.
If you are still not satisfied after lodging a complaint with us and given us a reasonable time to respond, then we suggest that you contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by:
- Phone: 1300 363 992 (local call cost, but calls from mobile and pay phones may incur higher charges). If calling from overseas (including Norfolk Island): +61 2 9284 9749
- TTY: 1800 620 241 (this number is dedicated to the hearing impaired only, no voice calls.)
- TIS: Translating and Interpreting Service: 131 450 (If you don’t speak English or English is your second language and you need assistance and ask for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner)
- Post: GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601
- Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
- Email: email@example.com
10. Storage and Security
The security of your information is important to us. Brauz operates secure data networks that are designed to protect your privacy and security. We have systems designed to ensure that your personal information cannot be seen or modified by anyone else. Brauz has implemented generally acceptable standards of technology and operational security to ensure personal information (in both physical and electronic form) is protected against loss, misuse, interference and unauthorised access.
Only authorised Brauz personnel and contractors are provided access to personal information and have agreed to ensure the confidentiality of this information. Reasonable steps are taken to destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information that is no longer required.
We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. You should however be aware that the internet is not a secure environment and information sent via the internet (including email) cannot be guaranteed to be totally secure.
11. Cookies & Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on this Site from time to time. Web beacons or clear.gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitors’ behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
In the course of providing services to you, we may use geotracking or other geolocation technology, if you consent. We may use geotracking to provide you with a better user experience and geotracking is intended so that the App is useful at particular locations.
12. Links to other websites
Contact Privacy Officer
Please contact our Privacy Officer on the contact details below if you would like to:
- inquire about or request access and/or update your personal information;
- report an alleged breach of your privacy rights or make a complaint; or
Honeycomb Media Pty. Ltd. ACN 166 152 405 trading as Brauz
4/35 Hope St, Brunswick, VIC 3056
Last update: 17 November 2016